UK YOUNG ARTISTS NATIONAL FESTIVAL:
DERBY 2016 CALL FOR ENTRIES
DEADLINE Tuesday 31 May 2016 at 17.00
UK Young Artists is a registered charity that champions the next generation of creativity, supporting collaboration and intercultural dialogue, ensuring a vibrant and diverse creative future for the UK. We develop artists’ practice through cross art form opportunities and celebrate creativity at national & international festivals.
Since its inception, UK Young Artists has supported over 1000 artists in the UK and internationally through cross art form national arts festivals and at five European festivals with the International Biennale of Young Artists of Europe and the Mediterranean (BJCEM).
Our national festivals are the foremost cross art form events for young artists in the UK. We create places and spaces for dancers to talk to sculptors and photographers to connect with musicians. For painters, dramatists, writers, and digital artists to forge collaborations with poets, ceramicists and filmmakers, at workshops, over breakfast or a late night tipple. Our festivals provide an opportunity for artists and audiences to experience innovative and exceptional art and performance at the leading edge of contemporary creativity. Artists and the public can also take part in workshops, debates and symposia, and artists are encouraged to connect and collaborate across the festival and beyond.
UK Young Artists is seeking submissions for a three-day festival this November in Derby. The call is open to artists aged 18-30 working in the following artforms:
- Applied Art: ceramics, glass, textiles, jewellery, fashion, printmaking, architecture
- Design: industrial, graphic and product design
- Digital Art: animation, projection mapping, mixed reality performance, virtual reality, game design, interactive art and installation.
- Literature: writing, poetry, storytelling and spoken word.
- Moving Image: film, documentary, artist video and animation.
- Music: sound art and all genres of music will be considered from individuals, bands and collaborations.
- Performance: theatre, dance, live art, circus, site-specific and outdoor performance.
- Visual Arts: fine art, photography, installation, illustration, site-specific work and sculpture.
Cross art form collaborations are also welcomed!
Before you complete this application please download the Call For Entries Info Pack, that includes Frequently Asked Questions as well as our Standard Terms & Conditions.
Please note that by ticking the above box you agree for the above data to be processed in order to participate in the event should your application be successful.
Once you submit you cannot make any changes or additions to this form. UK Young Artists cannot be held responsible for any errors made in the above application so please check all details carefully before submitting.